Case 1 – DCS
Diving is what we love so why not start with a case of the bends or decompression sickness (DCS).
This case covers a more severe case of DCS.
Here’s a link to the Diver’s Alert Network (24/7 Emergency Contact 1-919-684-9111).
We discuss the following:
- Some useful resources if you are taking care of an injured diver.
- General pathophysiology of DCS.
- Risk factors associated with DCS.
- General tips if you are taking care of a diver.
- What we do to treat a DCS patient at a hyperbaric chamber.
- General diving tips (for those who dive themselves).